Skip to main content

a plastic


There are two groups of practitioners that call themselves Plastic or Cosmetic surgeons.

One group are Specialist Plastic Surgeons with formal and lengthy surgical training as part of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). They have the qualification FRACS (Plast) written after their name. I belong to this group.

The other group have a medical school degree and an interest in cosmetic surgery but have not completed training and fellowship examinations with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.

If you are looking for a Specialist Plastic Surgeon trained in all aspects of discipline with the highest possible qualification, then look for FRACS (Plast) in addition to MBBS as their qualifications.